Mouse & Mouse Pad
Bigger Additional Display
Laptop, “heart of workstation”!
- Clevo Barebone – P750DM2
- Display – 15.6” IPS Full-HD 1920×1080 60Hz Matte (anti-glare)
- CPU – Intel Kabylake Desktop Grade i7-7700
- GPU – NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5
- RAM – G.Skill 16GB (2 8GB 2400MHz DDR4)
- Storage1 – Hgst SATA 2.5” 1TB 7200rpm HDD
- Storage2 – Empty (SATA 2.5″ HDD/SSD)
- Storage3 – Plextor M.2 2280 120GB SATA SSD
- Storage4 – Plextor M.2 2280 120GB SATA SSD
- Wireless – Intel Wireless-AC 8260, dual band, 2×2 + Bluetooth 4.2
- Wired – Killer Ethernet
- Sound – Sound Blaster X-FI MB5, ESS SABRE Hi-Fi DAC headphone audio, 2 x Speakers
- Trackpad – Synaptics SecurePad, Integrated Fingerprint Sensor
- Card Reader – 6-in-1 Push-Push Card reader
- Keyboard – Customizable backlit RGB, anti-ghost keys
- Camera – 2.0M FHD Video camera
- Optical Drive – None
- Battery – 8 cell (82Wh)
- Operating System – N/A
Total Cost -> Rs 1.40 lakhs
Yes, I went for two SSDs, one for Windows (Gaming) and one for Linux (Development). I had seen problems with dual boot on single SSD. My ASUS ultrabook’s SSD got crashed, which caused loss of code came out of long productive weekends, though its under guarantee so didn’t caused me any monetic problem but a severe headache and frustration, YES! It actually hurts when your hard work wipes out like this, just because you wanna push the complete feature under a single commit. Now a days I commit & pushes everything before shutting down my machine. “Its better to squash multiple commits into one rather then loosing them” – Tushar!
Coming back to Exigo, many users from India had already given review on Amazon, tumbler, etc. Its actually upto the mark. In terms of gaming, till now I had played Tekken 7 & GTA V. Both worked smoothly on ultra high settings. FHD display works well, crisp & clear. Absolutely zero lags while playing. We even got option to overclock CPU & GPU separately. You can also download Azom Exigo windows drivers from here as well, select => Model :P7xxDM2/P7xxDM3 & Driver Type : ALL. For NVIDIA GTA 1060, install GeForce Experience first and then download the suggested driver by it.
In terms of development, on Linux Mint Sonya, Cinnamon edition, no problems at all. Though on linux we don’t have option to customize RGB keyboard & driver for finger print sensor is also missing. I had tested this with multiple open IDE, like PHPStorm, RubyMine, PyCharm & Eclipse, docker running 8 parallel containers with one running image processing tools like tesseract, etc, one running python based backend API (built on Falcon) used for video asset manipulations (basically running ffmpeg on multiple threads), one running elastic-search, one running PHP NGINX based webfront, one running java program for generating recommendations (entity-to-entity map, entity-to-user map, etc), and so on.
- Machine with this configuration can obviously last for more than 3-4 upcoming years. And its scalable! so you can simply plug-in or out resources you want.
- Highly configurable in terms of hardware.
- Great cooling system for such high power computational stuffs inside.
- Desktop grade Core I7 7700 (7th Generation)
- Open socket MXM design GPU card, upgradeable as well.
- Bigger display & RGB backlit keyboard, made my Diwali even more colorful!
- Tight body, zero flex in keyboard region and minimal flex in display, makes it more durable!
- Quality customer support
- Bulky! yes around 3.5 kgs
- Body attracts finger prints, hence I got it laminated with custom decals from Nehru Place 😉
Final conclusion, happy and satisfied, plus productive ofcourse!
Some clicks of complete setup: